Tenerife is also an island of contrasts. You can enjoy the island by visiting different wineries in the
region of El Sauzal or just relax on the beach. But you can also actively explore the island by visiting
numerous attractions of the island. These include:
Nowhere else on the island are wine and village so closely connected as in El Sauzal. The town
belongs to the wine-growing region of Tacoronte-Acentejo. They have even set a monument to the
wine. The "Casa Museo Insular de la Vid y Vino de Tenerife" - a wine museum. In this Bodega you
will not only get a lot of information about the different wine regions of the island, you can also taste
and eat. In general, meanwhile almost every restaurant has its own "Vino de Casa" - the house wine
that is good to drink.
In the small village of El Sauzal there are several shops that cover the daily needs of food. Larger
purchases "in stock" can be made at Lidl or in the Alcampo.
There are a lot of exciting, nice and special restaurants on the island. In the foreground are of course
the tapas, here specially recommended:
- La Bodeguita de Enfrente - A charming tapas bar with great atmosphere
- La Carambola - Very good tapas in a nice atmosphere in El Sauzal
- Tito's Bodeguita - Good food, tapas, childproof with a beautiful patio.
- Bodegón Las Vistas - Good Canarian cuisine, play corner for children and a breathtaking view of the North of the island
- Restaurante Los Angeles in El Sauzal - speciality is a fantastic fish in the salt crust
- Restaurante San Nicolas in El Sauzal - very good tapas, great salad and fresh fish
and much more
How to get there
There are two airports on the island. Reina Sofia in the South of the island, which is mainly served by charter airlines, and Los Rodeos in the North, where scheduled flights commute. Actually, it is almost always possible to book cheap flights to the island; also at short notice. Coming from Reina Sofia it takes about one hour by car and from Los Rodeos it takes about 20 minutes to paradise.
We strongly recommend to rent a car. It is uncomplicated and possible at a very reasonable price with providers such as Cicar.com, Autoreisen.de or Rentalcars.de. Of course there are also the generally known ones like Sixt & Co. Driving on the island is easy and not influenced by the Southern mentality. It is more a car crusing rather than speeding over the island.